Friday, October 10, 2008

Blood Work

So on Sunday evening I went up to the hospital and got my blood work done for my Thyroid levels and Hormone levels. They were all within normal limits.

  • FSH: 6.4 (4-13 are normal limits for follicular phase)
  • TSH Reflex Testing (Thyroid): 2.96 (0.38-5.0)
  • Prolactin: 13.6 (4.8-23.3)
Although the FSH (Follicle Stimulating Hormone) was on the lower end of the normal limits. I'm not sure if my Dr. will look at that and say that its normal, so thats not the problem, or if he will look at it an say, "Well it is kinda on the lower end of the spectrum, lets put you on some hormonal drugs." I will just have to wait and see.

Oh and of course I've got battle wounds to show for. I always have a hard time when I need to give blood for labwork. I have really small veins and I always tell them to use the pediatric butterfly needles. I just have better luck with those. But still had to be poked 4 times. The final draw ended up being on top of my hand. Seems to be common place these last few years! Ouch! It hurts and always leaves a big bruise too.

1 comments:

Nicole said...

I hope they figure it out soon and that a new little one will be on the way in no time!

I hated the "battle scars" i had when I miscarried... I had numerous blood draws for a few weeks and the bruises were terrible. I hated the reminders.

 
blog design by suckmylolly.com