Sunday, June 21, 2009

Getting things ready

We pulled down all the clothes from the attic this past week. I started sorting through them to see what I want to reuse from Lukas and what Im putting in our garage sale next weekend. I was able to wash 2 of the loads so far too. Still have probably 2 more loads to do. Lots of blankets, crib sheets, and all that fun stuff.

I also need to get out there and get a few things still. I still need to shop around and look for a sling. Give me your suggestions if you have one that you love. I think I have decided to get the Diaper Champ by Baby Trend. We had the Odorless Diaper Pail by Safety 1st with Lukas and as soon as e was done with diapers, it was in the trash. It didn't keep anything odorless for crap! Im hoping to have more success with this one.

I need to get down all the bottles and milk supplies to see what I needs. Although I won't be going to work for 6 week after he is born, I am going to be pumping here and there to get a supply ready for when I do go back to work. Im hoping that breast-feeding goes as well with Brady as it did with Lukas.

Im just so excited overall for all this to come. As I went through the clothes and blankets and all, thats when I realize how much Lukas has grown up and it will be nice to have a baby in the house again.

I want to remember this week to get out the first scrapbook I did of Lukas' life. Just to see that baby face again and see his cute little outfits. Just like I posted pics on my regular blog a couple weeks ago. I just love the baby days. Well except for when I lose sleep. LOL! But at least this time Ill only be working 3 shifts a week and not 5-6 like before. So I should be able to nap more during the day when Brady naps. keyword : should.

2 comments:

Leslie Collins said...

We have been shopping and getting stuff ready, too. In my case, retail therapy has been whats getting me thru this last little stretch. It wont be long!!! :)

AshleyB said...

How exciting! Time is flying so quickly. How are you sleeping now? I feel like I already sleep so little that getting up in the night w/ a newborn should be a breeze. LOL.

 
blog design by suckmylolly.com