Sunday, March 15, 2009

18w1d Dr's appointment

I had my monthly doctors appointment this past Wednesday and it went pretty good. I've gained 4 lbs. since my last appointment 5 weeks ago. So that puts me at 8 lbs. total.

He did a colposcopy on my cervix, meaning he just used a scope to take a look at it since I had an abnormal pap 2 months ago. He said everything looked good, and won't have to worry about that issue again until I'm 6 weeks postpartum when I get that pap done.

He gave me the lab slip for the Quad testing to be done at the hospital. And also the doctor's order for the 20 week fetal survey ultrasound that has to be done at the hospital as well.

Fetal heart beat was good and clear at 144 bpm. Although it always makes me nervous when it takes him about 30 seconds to actually find the heart beart. The longest 30 seconds ever.

I did mention to him that over the past couple weeks I started having some back pain, right in the tailbone region. Mostly in the late hours of the day before going to bed. Sometimes even feels like my legs would give out when I stand on one foot. Not that I stand on one foot a lot. Just when Im changing my clothes for bed and into loungepants. You've gotta lift one leg off the ground. I guess I'll have to remember to sit on the edge of the bed when doing this now, so I won't fall over. He said this is most likely my sciatic nerve that is bothering me and showed me some hip-menourvering sways to help it feel better. Also suggested laying with a pillow between my knees. Which I have been doing at night with this pillow.



Its called the Snoogle Total Body Pillow. And I love it! I bought this when I was pregnant with Lukas because I also had back soreness with that pregnany as well. And I used this every night. You don't even need your regular pillow when you have this. Just cuddle up right in it.

Early in the pregnancy, like now, I would use it this way with the pillow kinda helping hold my belly up. Then it doesn't feel like that little bump that is growing isnt without support under it when laying on your side.

And then I also love lying with the pillow behind your back, because later I tended to want to lay on my back sometimes to relieve the back pain, but having this pillow would stop me from doing that and gave a nice 45 degree angle of my body with the bed.

I remember when pregnant with Lukas and now its happening with this one as well. I wake up feeling so great in the morning after having this pillow, that I usually forget that I even had a sore back the night before.

So anyways, I think that was it for this appointment. I go back in another 5 weeks, instead of 4 since Dr. is on vacation in 4 weeks.

Official Ultrasound will be in the next 2 weeks as well. :)

4 comments:

Nicole said...

I had really bad SI pain with Porter and that "funny bone" sciatic nerve pain with Hudson... its a pain in the rear, literally! With Porter I had trouble getting out of bed, stepping in the shower, putting pants on etc. Hudson's was a bit different... more like I'd be walking and all of a sudden feel like my leg was giving out and have a shooting pain down my leg. Oh... the joys of pregnancy! :)

Nicole said...

That pillow is awesome!!!

Koleen said...

I have a boppy total body pillow and LOVED it. I am not sure I could have lasted 9 months without it.
Glad to hear the check-up was good! :) And try hard not to fall over! :)

AshleyB said...

ahh I would LOVE to have one of those pillows. I've been having bad lower back and hip pain, and seem to wake up more sore than when I went to bed, lol.

 
blog design by suckmylolly.com