Monday, March 2, 2009

Baby Movements and Baby Names

I think I'm now feeling movements of the baby. I started to notice a small tossing feeling within the last couple of days and just kinda blew it off as some gas in the bowels or such. But once again last night while laying in bed, I noticed it again and am pretty sure its not gas in the bowels. It feels like it just might be the baby moving within. Which I guess it pretty close to time. I'll be 17 weeks tomorrow and I think I first felt it with Lukas at 18-19 weeks. But at that time, I didn't really know what I was feeling for. Now I do.

Now that we all know its a boy, the next topic seems to be names. And I LOVE this topic. Even though with Lukas we had his name picked out for like 4 years prior, it was still fun to talk names and see different combinations. So far we have kinda had Brady picked out for a first name for a boy for the last year. We are open to looking at different names though as this wasn't a huge "Have to" like Lukas' name was. There really aren't any family names to pass on, so we thought we might make our own. Lukas' middle name is Anthony.
If there were to be a theme for our kids name, it would be to have a "K" instead of maybe a common "C". Such as Lukas with a "K", rather than a "C". This kinda comes from my days with my maiden name. My maiden name is Kohler. Which often got misspelled as Cohler. So I often said the phrase, "Kohler, with a 'K' ", whenever referring to my last name or if someone was writing it down. I know its probably going to be a hassle for the kids with all these odd spelling of names, but its seems to be the norm now, so I guess I'm not afraid to take that leap as well. At least the names I am using won't be unseen until I use them. These are variations of names that people have used before. In fact Lukas, the German spelling with a "K", was the #6 name in 2007!! And so for the next "K" name that I really like and will probably use is Nikolas. Also the German spelling. Which both German variations can like back to Kohler as well. Which is also German.
Wow, lots of rambling. Sorry about that. :P

So here are some choices for you to give me your feedback on. Spit out some combinations between the names too if you don't see the combo you like, then I'll add it to the polls! Or if you have other names like these, that I might like, spit those out too!!
The poll is in the right column. And you can vote for more than one. :)

(Name decor from What a Lovely Name.)




12 comments:

heather said...

Oooh LeeAnn, I love all your names!! Brody and Brady have always been way up there at the top of my list. I wanted to name Sawyer Brody, but one of my best friends had just had a Brody (Broden -they called him Brody) at the time. Isaac (with the traditional C rather than K) is also Sawyer's middle name. I love it! Good picks :)

I like Lukas and Brody together the best :)

Nicole said...

Well, you know my thoughts... in order of favorite...

#1 Isaak Brady
#2 Blake Nikolas
#3 Brody/Brady Nikolas
#4 Nikolas James

Nicole said...

ps... where did you get the backgrounds for the names?

AshleyB said...

I love all the names you have here :) Nicole came up with some great combos, I'd say those are my top picks too!
Aren't the first flutters such a wonderful feeling?

Leslie Collins said...

I love all, but my fave's would be Brody or Blake.

How exciting you are feeling flutters. I think my midwive said we could usually identify them sooner with the second since we know what they "feel" like. Yay!!!

Anonymous said...

I love the name..Brady Isaak..But much better if it comes from you guys. It is only a suggestion.:)

Anonymous said...

I like the names too, but I was just reading them and saying them out loud and noticed this...

Isaak Howard out loud sounds like I's a coward.

I don't know how you feel about that, but I thought I'd bring it to your attention.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
jenny said...

i totally love blake nikolas! they are all great - good luck figuring it out. :)

jane said...

My faves are Isaak, Blake, and Nikolas. Have you ever thought about Kohl? Like Cole, but spelled like your maiden name?

Nicole said...

I'm a fan of Brady and Brody... Brody/Brady Nikolas is VERY cute!

Koleen said...

Isaac was one of the last remanding names on our list for Gabriel. I think I like Brady Nikolas the best... I think this is always the hardest part of a new baby.

 
blog design by suckmylolly.com