Thursday, July 16, 2009

36 weeks 2 days

Down to less than 1 month! Crazy how fast this pregnancy is going for me!

I had my frequent flyer OB appointment today and was not happy with that scale! I gained FIVE lbs!! Just in the last week! So now im up to 30 lbs. total and weighed in at 178 lbs. How depressing that I gained 5 lbs. in a week! I have to blame it on being out of town these last few days in the U.P. and eating out a lot. We did eat at grandma's house for breakfast and lunch. Which I did have lots of fresh fruit available at her house as well, so we could snack healthy. But I guess the delicious Chicken Wet Burrito that I had Tuesday night at a Mexican Restaurant cancels all that out.

I am having more of those low pelvic pains. And not just at night time. Im having them more now even by walking, sitting down, standing up. Just random times during the day. No fun in that. I did ask Dr. Vendola if I will be feeling these pains during labor and delivery. He assured me that I wouldn't. I sure hope not. My plan is to go through labor and delivery drug free. Yeah thats right. Im choosing not to have an epidural. I went fairly quick with Lukas and am hoping for the same here again. I did have Demoral with Lukas around the first hour into labor, but it lasted about 30 minutes and all it did was make me really drowsy and nauseous. And it only lasted 30 minutes. I chose not to have any more doses after than one. And won't have any Demoral this time around either. So we will see. Im hoping if this pelvic pain doesn't show up at delivery time, then I should be okay to go on as planned.

BP was good and heart rate was good as well. As soon as he laid the doppler down it was booming. No searching for it this time. Measuring right on as well too.

He did do a swab for Group B Strep that will be sent to lab to see if that comes back positive or not. If positive then I will be put on antibiotics at delivery time to protect the baby from getting it during delivery. I did test positive for this with Lukas and was given the antibiotics for his delivery. And you wouldn't know any different either way after delivery.

As I was leaving, Bobbi also stopped me to tell me that I might have some spotting today as when he pulled the speculum out there was some blood on there. Must have aggravated the cervix a bit, and she just wanted to warn me that the small amount of spotting is okay. Good thing she said something, because that would probably send me to L&D if I didn't know differently. And of course I've gotten some of the spotting, but nothing really to worry about. :)

So he ran by the things to watch for. Contractions 5 minutes apart for an hour, leaking of fluids, any bleeding. Any of those warrant a ticket to L&D. And he said at this point if labor would start, he wouldn't stop it now. We are far enough along now that he would let labor take its course. Kind of exciting to know. :) Also he said that he was on call this weekend. Which is kinda scary to know, only in the fact that he was thinking in that way. That he would be the one on call this weekend if something were to happen. ...if something were to happen. Crazy to think that its come to that time already.

I still have a few things to do. Get the Diaper Champ from Target. Get down the infant carrier and make sure its not expired. And oh yea, get a bag packed of the things that I want at the hospital. Or at least a list together of what I don't want to forget. That would probably be easier, as I'll be using most of the things right now that would probably go into the bag.

4 comments:

AshleyB said...

I can't believe it's going so fast!! So exciting when the doc starts talking about labor. Here's hoping the end goes just as fast and labor & delivery is a breeze :)

Leslie Collins said...

I went to the doctor today too and it sounded just like your appointment minus the fact that i didn't get tested for group strep b...they said it was a little early and we will do it next time.

i am hoping to have a drug free birth, as well. i dont' want drugs if labor goes as well as it did with reyna.

:)

glad to hear all is well.

Leslie Collins said...

ps...anxious to see you sunday!

Kristi @ Mi Vida Ocupada said...

Good luck!

 
blog design by suckmylolly.com