Sunday, July 26, 2009

37w2d

I had my doctors appointment today. Baby Brady is measuring good, actually 38 weeks. I got my walking papers today, which means i have to bring my 'chart' with me to L&D if I had to go in there. And also to the rest of the appointments for him to update with the info.

He did a pelvic exam to see if there is any dilating or effacing. I am 1 cm dilated and 50% effaced! woo-hoo!! Thats exciting to hear, because that means its coming soon!
Now I just have to wait for these contractions that I get, to become the real contractions on labor. I have been having the braxton hicks contractions for a few months now. Just here and there, but lately in the last 1-2 weeks have noticed them more frequently. They currently are about 15-20 minutes apart, so pretty frequently now. But of course they aren't really painful. Just a few of them here and there are breath-taking, but I know its probably me over working it.

Im really excited to see if I go into natural labor, rather than be induced this time. Just the surprise and the excitement of it all, is nerve racking at the same time.

The Group B Strep came back negative, so I wont have antibiotics this time at delivery, like I did with Lukas.

Still considering the name change. The more I think about it, I think we would end up call him Brady 95% of the time. And almost wouldn't feel right calling him by this longer version. It would be different if we can up with the longer version first and liked Brady as a nickname. But thats not the case. We've always like the name Brady and have been calling him that all along. So what I thought was going to be a formal name change, might not happen. LOL! I brought it up to Tony the other day, so we will see what happens. We still have a couple more weeks to ponder, but Im pretty sure once I see the baby, I will only be thinking Brady. :)

3 comments:

Leslie Collins said...

We are ALMOST there!!!!!

Yay for being a little dialated and effaced. :)

Brandy said...

You are getting so close. I'm very excited for you and Tony.

Kristi @ Mi Vida Ocupada said...

Although my parents have ALWAYS called me Kristi, they felt I needed a more formal name so my birth certificate says Kristen. All of my paperwork always says Kristen because of that and although I like the name Kristen, it isn't ME. So my vote is to keep Brady's name Brady :)

 
blog design by suckmylolly.com