Thursday, July 30, 2009

38w2d

Doctors appointment went good today. Now at 2 cm dilated!! Woo-hoo! And still 50% effaced. Uterine measure was at 39 weeks. BP, urine, and heart rate was good.
Weight gain of 3 lbs. Puts us at the 182 lbs. And makes it 33 lbs total gained.

I go back on Monday morning and see the mid-wife, since the doctor is out all next week on vacation. So if I have this baby next week, he will be delivered by an different doctor. Not to worry though, I hear good things about the other doctors as well. :)

Contractions are frequent still, and increasing in pain, but still random. I've timed them for about an hour here and there and its common to see them about 5 to 20 minutes apart. But thats just it, its random. Here is my latest hour:

8:59 pm
then 6 minutes later at 9:05 pm
then 11 minutes later at 9:16 pm
then 20 minutes later at 9:36 pm
then 6 minutes later at 9:42 pm
then 6 minutes later at 9:48 pm
then 8 minutes later at 9:56 pm

You never know what it will be. But looking at that hour, I did have 7 contractions. Thats pretty common these last couple weeks, hence why I started watching an hour here and there. Because I did notice that they have increased in number. And a little in pain, but just enough to take a deep breath during them. Kind of feels like it takes my breath away on some. But nothing that I feel really intense on. I've been told that I will know the difference between these and the 'real' ones. And of course it will be more regular.

2 comments:

Leslie Collins said...

I want to be dialted!!! :) I will probably get checked next Friday and I am hoping for a little progress.

It sounds like it could be anyday for your little guy! :)

How exciting.

Jessica said...

Yay! Progress is so exciting!! :) Here's hoping for you that you'll go into labor in your own. I have no idea what that is like, and I guess I never will since I will likely get another C-section with the next. Look forward to tuning in for the birth story soon. Eeee! :)

 
blog design by suckmylolly.com