Tuesday, August 11, 2009

BRADY NIKOLAS IS HERE!!!

The birth story....

I went into work at 7pm Saturday night. Had a really hard contraction at 8:23pm. And they followed every 2-3 minutes instantly!! I went upstairs to L&D after 3 of these. They lasted about 2 hours, and helped me get to a 4-5 cm. The pain of them died down and the frequency slowed down a bit.

I was checked by the day nurse at 7am and she calls me at a 3cm!! GAH!! And of course the contractions werent really bad at all. Just felt like the BH. So Im thinking that they are going to send me home and i was pretty much okay with that, but the contractions still continued to be regular at about 6-7 minutes apart the whole time. The doctor was debating whether to send me home and then come back the next day for my scheduled induction or keep me if I show any progress in the next couple hours. He mentioned if we get some progress then he would break my water and start me on pitocin to get things going.

Around 12pm after walking some and trying to get things going on my own, I got hooked back up on the monitors and my contractions were steady at 5 minutes apart. But still no real change in the cervix. But the doctor decided to keep me there and break my water!! YAYY!!
So at 12:30 he came in and broke my water. Instantly the contractions went to 1-2 minutes apart!!! And I mean instantly! There was a whole lot more pain with these and it just seemed to increase. Tehy got strong enough that we didn't need the Pitocin. Right around 2:00 they were extremely intense and i started to feel the baby dropping with one of them and felt the need to push. I mentioned it, to everyone and just kinda waited for the next couple contractions to see if I felt it again. Sure enough I did, and this one felt even more closer to feeling like he was going to be born right then! I had my husband and mom tell the nurse that I wanted her to check me, that I feel like Im ready to push. Of course they don't believe me, and sure enough she said I was a 7-8!! And that was in between contractions. So she wanted to see what I was at during the contraction and it didn't take long for her to just see and feel that during the contraction, it was going to be very soon that baby was coming out!
She yelled to the staff at the nurses station to get the Dr. and everything in here. When the doctor came in on the next contraction, (and he was in there that quick!!) the nurse told the doctor to get his gloves on quick because the next contraction was coming and there was going to be a baby born !! They got me right up in position with knees bent up to my ears, and was told that I could push on the next contraction! Seriously?!?! I was ecstatic! We waited for the contraction to come and when it did, I pushed all the way through it and was able to get his head through. The next contraction came right away and we used that one to push through the shoulders and the rest of the body out. And that makes him born at 2:15!!
They never had to use the pitocin, just the breaking of the bag of water alone.
And of course when she checked me at 7-8 cm, I was too late for any pain meds, not that I was planning on any either. I was maybe going to consider something along the lines of Demoral. But never had that option this time around. And am soo thankful that it did go fast... well once we got started! LOL!
Now if only they would have done that back at 7am when the doctor first came in the room, we would've been done by mid-morning! LOL!

5 comments:

AshleyB said...

Ohh LeeAnn he came in 2 pushes? you lucky dog!! I am so happy for you!!! :) I saw a couple of Nicole's pics on facebook, can't wait to see more.

Carrie Cole said...

Wow! Sounds like you had an easy time (well for childbirth anyway, lol).....So exciting! Hope you are feeling well!

Again....I am jealous, lol

Anonymous said...

wow, it sounds like an awesome delivery! i can't wait to see pics. i was glad to read about your time with lukas on your other blog, it was comforting for me... i am really looking forward to being able to get down and play with max again, it's only getting harder every day right now.

congratulations again and hope you are all doing well!

jenny said...

too bad they didn't get things started early - sounds like things went nice and quick! i seen a few of the shots nicole did - AWESOME. how cool to have those moments documented like that. :)

glad things are going great!
take care mama!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
blog design by suckmylolly.com