Wednesday, January 7, 2009

1st OB appointment

My appointment today went okay, besides waiting an hour in the waiting room. They weighed me, which I forgot to see what it was. He did schedule an transvaginal ultrasound for me for to check the length of my cervix. Since I had the LEEP procedure back in July 2007 where it removes part of your cervix because of precancerous cells, he wants to make sure the remainder of my cervix is long enough or sufficient enough to carry the baby full-term. He didn't tell me what he would do if it wasn't long enough, but I'm pretty sure that would mean having a cerclage. This is simply a stitch that is put on the cervix to close it up until about 38 weeks, then the stitch is removed. Just to make sure the cervix doesn't open on its own because of shortness or being weak.
My next appointment is in 4 weeks, during the first week of February. Hopefully we will start some baby belly pictures soon. I really should get a starter pic, instead of waiting till the belly is already here!

2 comments:

Micki said...

I had cervical cancer and I had to get a cone biopsy done and the doctor told me i should be fine to have kids in the future but explained that same prodecure to me, so your not alone :) Hopefully everything goes well for you!! :)

jane said...

YAY for belly pics!! You will want to see yourself skinny so take those now- lol!

 
blog design by suckmylolly.com