Thursday, January 29, 2009

Update on the cervix...

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers today! It looks like things will be okay. A normal cervix length is 4cm. When it was first measured it was at 2.6cm. Later the radiologist measured it more accurately on the curve that it is and he was able to stretch it to 3.2 cm. Still shorter than normal length, but maybe that is my normal length. At least there was no funneling or opening of the cervix. All 3.2 cm was closed. When I spoke to my Dr. he said that it is okay. As long as it wasn't less than 2.5 cm, we wouldn't have to do anything like a cerclage. Thank God!!

As for the bleed that was seen, he put me on pelvic rest (no sex) and to not do lifting over 10 lbs. I have my next scheduled apt. on Wednesday, so I hope I don't see any spotting from that bleed before then. Hopefully it will just resolve. It is near the bottom by the cervix and not on the other side by the placenta, so that is good news. Meaning that its most likely small uterine vessels that have bursted while the uterus is growing, rather than a bleed from the placenta. SO rest it is for me this weekend and to take things easy. And to remember to NOT pick up my 3 year old!

12 comments:

Courteney said...

Glad to hear everything is okay. Hope the bleed is nothing as well :)

Leslie Collins said...

LeeAnn, I hope the bleeding will subside. Glad to hear that everything is okay. Take it easy!!! If you need anything, please let me know.

Anonymous said...

hope you are able to get some rest this weekend, take care!

Nicole said...

Im glad that your okay and you dont have to have anything serious done. Your always in my thoughts and prayers. Have a great weekend!

I can't wait to see you next week!!! :)

jenny said...

scary stuff! take it easy.

AshleyB said...

Oh LeeAnn glad to hear it's not too serious. Take it easy and don't forget about the lifting... I had a hard time remembering NOT to pick up Tiegan when I was supposed to be resting and that was only for 2 days! lol. Hope everything goes well, keep us updated. :)

Jessica said...

Sounds as though things will be OK. Good news! Take it easy and get some rest!! :)

Koleen said...

Oh good! I am so glad everything is ok. Call me if you need anything. I am home just about all the time.

Micki said...

Thankfully everything is good!! :) Now get some rest even tho i have a feeling that might be complicated having a 3 yr old and a husband...lol

Brandy said...

I'm glad everything turned out to be okay. Get some rest and keep us posted.

Mary said...

Glad it's going to be okay.
Hope you are resting :)

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

 
blog design by suckmylolly.com